Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Ferrari is using IBM’s AI to create F1 superfans

May 23, 2026

Elon Musk has given up on solar power (on Earth)

May 23, 2026

A Hot-Mic Moment on the Latest Voice-to-Text App Almost Ruined My Life

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » X restricts Grok’s image generation to paying subscribers only after drawing the world’s ire
AI

X restricts Grok’s image generation to paying subscribers only after drawing the world’s ire

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAJanuary 9, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Elon Musk’s AI company has restricted Grok’s controversial AI image-generation feature to only paying subscribers on X, after the tool invited heavy criticism from across the world for letting users generate sexualized and nude images of women and children.

In replies to users on Friday, Grok said only paying subscribers on X would be able to generate and edit images on the platform. Notably, these limits do not apply to the Grok app, which, at the time of publication, was letting anyone generate pictures without having to pay for a subscription.

Initially available to anyone with daily limits, Grok’s image generation feature allowed users to upload anyone’s picture and ask it to edit it or generate a sexualized or nude version. What ensued was a veritable flood of non-consensual sexualized images of children, actors, models and prominent figures, drawing the ire of multiple nations.

X and Musk have both publicly denounced the use of the tool to produce such images, writing that the company would stick to its policies against posting illegal content on the social media platform. “Anyone using grok to make illegal content will suffer the same consequences as if they upload illegal content,” Musk tweeted last week.

The U.K., the European Union and India have all publicly denounced X and Grok for allowing such use of its capabilities. The EU on Thursday asked xAI to retain all documentation relating to the chatbot, and India’s communications ministry last week ordered X to make immediate changes to stop the image generation features from being misused or risk its safe harbor protections in the country. The U.K.’s communications watchdog said it’s been in touch with xAI over the issue as well.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Ferrari is using IBM’s AI to create F1 superfans

May 23, 2026

Elon Musk has given up on solar power (on Earth)

May 23, 2026

AI is being used to resurrect the voices of dead pilots

May 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

May 23, 2026

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
Education

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 23, 20260

When Dev Shah won the Scripps National Spelling Bee in 2023 and Faizan Zaki took…

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.