Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

I tried Amazon’s Bee wearable and am both intrigued and slightly creeped out

May 24, 2026

Business Insider Email Newsletters: Subscribe Now

May 24, 2026

How Non-Techies Are Building No-Code Apps to Solve Life Problems

May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Trump Calls Off SF ‘Surge’ After Calls With Huang, Benioff
Tech

Trump Calls Off SF ‘Surge’ After Calls With Huang, Benioff

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAOctober 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


President Donald Trump said he no longer plans to send federal forces to San Francisco over the weekend — and he says that’s in part because some tech CEOs encouraged him to hold off.

In a Truth Social post on Thursday, Trump said that he was preparing to “surge” federal forces into the city on Saturday, but decided to hold off after “friends of mine who live in the area” called him on Wednesday night.

He specifically named Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff as among the “great people” who called him and urged him to call off the deployment.

Trump said that he was giving San Francisco Mayor Daniel Lurie a “chance to turn it around.”

“They want to give it a ‘shot,'” Trump said of the two CEOs. “Therefore, we will not surge San Francisco on Saturday.”

Lurie said in a statement on Thursday that while he would welcome partnerships with the federal agencies to address drug issues, “having the military and militarized immigration enforcement in our city will hinder our recovery.”

“We appreciate that the president understands that we are the global hub for technology, and when San Francisco is strong, our country is strong,” Lurie said.

Related stories

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

Trump left the door open to a future federal deployment, saying: “Stay tuned!”

A Salesforce spokesperson declined to comment. Nvidia did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Benioff previously said that he supported Trump sending the National Guard to the city, though he later apologized after his comments drew criticism, as well as the resignation of prominent VC Ron Conway from the Salesforce Foundation’s board.

“Having listened closely to my fellow San Franciscans and our local officials, and after the largest and safest Dreamforce in our history, I do not believe the National Guard is needed to address safety in San Francisco,” Benioff wrote on X last week. “My earlier comment came from an abundance of caution around the event, and I sincerely apologize for the concern it caused.”

Huang has worked to build a relationship with Trump since he took office, including accompanying the president on a trip to Saudi Arabia in May.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Business Insider Email Newsletters: Subscribe Now

May 24, 2026

How Non-Techies Are Building No-Code Apps to Solve Life Problems

May 24, 2026

AI’s COVID Shutdown Moment: SpaceX IPO, Anthropic, OpenAI, Nvidia

May 24, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

May 23, 2026

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
Education

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 23, 20260

When Dev Shah won the Scripps National Spelling Bee in 2023 and Faizan Zaki took…

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.