Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

You can no longer Google the word ‘disregard’

May 22, 2026

We tried Google’s AI glasses and they’re almost there

May 22, 2026

Nicki Minaj Attends Scrubbed SpaceX Starship Launch in Texas

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » States sue the Trump administration over threats to pull funding for sex ed
Education

States sue the Trump administration over threats to pull funding for sex ed

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIASeptember 26, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Sixteen states and the District of Columbia sued the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Friday, alleging that its threats to pull sexual education funding over curricula mentioning diverse gender identities were a violation of federal law.

The complaint filed in federal court in Oregon says the department is attempting to force the states to “rewrite sexual health curricula to erase entire categories of students” and describes the action as “the latest attempt from the current administration to target and harm transgender and gender-diverse youth.”

HHS did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

Since President Donald Trump returned to the White House in January, his administration has sought to recognize people as only male or female.

HHS wants to prohibit the inclusion of what it describes as “gender ideology” in lessons funded by the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) and the Title V Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) program. The federal grants are used to teach about abstinence and contraception for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.

The plaintiffs say the grant conditions HHS is seeking to impose violate federal law, the separation of powers and Congress’ spending power. The termination of funding under the two federal grant programs could result in a loss of at least $35 million to the plaintiff states, according to the complaint.

HHS warned states in August that they had 60 days to change lessons or lose their PREP grants. California was warned previously, and its $12 million grant was stripped Aug. 21.

The states of Oregon, Washington and Minnesota are co-leading the lawsuit.

Washington Attorney General Nick Brown said in a statement that HHS threatened to cancel PREP grants if his state didn’t remove language from a high school curriculum that says: “People of all sexual orientations and gender identities need to know how to prevent pregnancy and STIs, either for themselves or to help a friend.”

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison said the “choice between losing funding and cutting sexual health education programs or excluding the transgender community from those programs is unacceptable.”

The other plaintiffs include Colorado, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026

Harvard moves to curb grade inflation by limiting A grades

May 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026

Harvard moves to curb grade inflation by limiting A grades

May 20, 2026

Trump failed to stop Indigenous exhibit at Berkeley

May 20, 2026
Education

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 22, 20260

CARLETON, Mich. (AP) — Chase Harvell rolled into the Airport High School parking lot Friday…

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026

Harvard moves to curb grade inflation by limiting A grades

May 20, 2026

Trump failed to stop Indigenous exhibit at Berkeley

May 20, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.