Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

As AI data centers hit power limits, Peak XV backs Indian startup C2i to fix the bottleneck

February 16, 2026

Elon Musk and Anthropic Philosopher Amanda Askell Go Head-to-Head on X

February 16, 2026

Blackstone backs Neysa in up to $1.2B financing as India pushes to build domestic AI infrastructure

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Trump Calls Off SF ‘Surge’ After Calls With Huang, Benioff
Tech

Trump Calls Off SF ‘Surge’ After Calls With Huang, Benioff

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAOctober 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


President Donald Trump said he no longer plans to send federal forces to San Francisco over the weekend — and he says that’s in part because some tech CEOs encouraged him to hold off.

In a Truth Social post on Thursday, Trump said that he was preparing to “surge” federal forces into the city on Saturday, but decided to hold off after “friends of mine who live in the area” called him on Wednesday night.

He specifically named Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff as among the “great people” who called him and urged him to call off the deployment.

Trump said that he was giving San Francisco Mayor Daniel Lurie a “chance to turn it around.”

“They want to give it a ‘shot,'” Trump said of the two CEOs. “Therefore, we will not surge San Francisco on Saturday.”

Lurie said in a statement on Thursday that while he would welcome partnerships with the federal agencies to address drug issues, “having the military and militarized immigration enforcement in our city will hinder our recovery.”

“We appreciate that the president understands that we are the global hub for technology, and when San Francisco is strong, our country is strong,” Lurie said.

Related stories

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

Trump left the door open to a future federal deployment, saying: “Stay tuned!”

A Salesforce spokesperson declined to comment. Nvidia did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Benioff previously said that he supported Trump sending the National Guard to the city, though he later apologized after his comments drew criticism, as well as the resignation of prominent VC Ron Conway from the Salesforce Foundation’s board.

“Having listened closely to my fellow San Franciscans and our local officials, and after the largest and safest Dreamforce in our history, I do not believe the National Guard is needed to address safety in San Francisco,” Benioff wrote on X last week. “My earlier comment came from an abundance of caution around the event, and I sincerely apologize for the concern it caused.”

Huang has worked to build a relationship with Trump since he took office, including accompanying the president on a trip to Saudi Arabia in May.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Elon Musk and Anthropic Philosopher Amanda Askell Go Head-to-Head on X

February 16, 2026

OpenClaw Creator Joins OpenAI to Build Next-Gen Personal AI Agents

February 15, 2026

The 4 Best Dolby Atmos Soundbars of 2026

February 15, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026

Jury deadlocks in trial of Stanford University students after pro-Palestinian protests

February 13, 2026

Harvard sued by Justice Department over access to admissions data

February 13, 2026
Education

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

By IQ TIMES MEDIAFebruary 15, 20260

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tre’ Johnson, the former standout Washington offensive lineman who went on to…

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026

Jury deadlocks in trial of Stanford University students after pro-Palestinian protests

February 13, 2026

Harvard sued by Justice Department over access to admissions data

February 13, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.