Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Salesforce Cofounder Criticizes Benioff’ ICE Jokes.

February 17, 2026

AI’s ‘Second Wave’ Redefines Startups With New Products

February 16, 2026

Heart issues during pregnancy could set stage for future stroke, heart attack risk

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » TikTok Reaches Deal With Investors on Its US Business
Tech

TikTok Reaches Deal With Investors on Its US Business

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIADecember 18, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Phone with TikTok logo


Beata Zawrzel/NurPhoto via Getty Images

2025-12-18T23:42:48.953Z

Share



Facebook


Email


X


LinkedIn


Reddit


Bluesky


WhatsApp



Copy link


lighning bolt icon
An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.


Impact Link


Save
Saved


Read in app

This story is available exclusively to Business Insider
subscribers. Become an Insider
and start reading now.

Have an account? Log in.

TikTok told employees it signed a deal with investors for a US joint venture, per an internal memo.
The move will allow TikTok to operate as an independent entity in the US, the memo said.
The Trump administration earlier said it had blessed a sale of TikTok to an investor consortium.

TikTok reached a deal with a group of investors to form a new joint venture for its US business, according to an internal memo viewed by Business Insider.

The deal, which TikTok expects to close in January, comes more than a year after Congress passed a law that forced its owner, ByteDance, to divest from its US operations or face a ban, because TikTok was deemed a “foreign adversary-controlled” company.

The new US joint venture will operate independently in areas like US data protection and training its content recommendation algorithm while still connecting to TikTok’s global product and business lines like e-commerce and advertising, per the memo from company CEO Shou Chew.

The announcement is the culmination of a lengthy battle for survival by TikTok, which briefly went dark in the US in January to comply with the divest-or-ban law.

TikTok and ByteDance had sought recourse through the courts, arguing that the law — the Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act — violated the First Amendment. In January, the Supreme Court ruled against TikTok and upheld the divest-or-ban law.

Since then, TikTok has been facing a looming deadline to find a US buyer. The app’s future remained in limbo for months as the White House repeatedly extended the deadline and administration officials sought to work out a deal.

In September, President Donald Trump signed an executive order that approved the sale of TikTok’s US operation for around $14 billion.

Trump said at the time that Oracle and Larry Ellison would be part of the deal, and Michael Dell and Rupert Murdoch may also be involved. Vice President JD Vance said the buyer group would include “four or five world-class investors.”

TikTok did not respond to a request for comment. The White House referred Business Insider to TikTok.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Salesforce Cofounder Criticizes Benioff’ ICE Jokes.

February 17, 2026

AI’s ‘Second Wave’ Redefines Startups With New Products

February 16, 2026

Apple Revamps Video Podcasts to Rival YouTube, Spotify

February 16, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

February 16, 2026

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
Education

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

By IQ TIMES MEDIAFebruary 16, 20260

Skrilla said the “6-7” craze connected to his drill rap hit almost didn’t happen.His 2024…

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.