Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

How Ricursive Intelligence raised $335M at a $4B valuation in 4 months

February 16, 2026

OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger Gets Feedback From Mark Zuckerberg

February 16, 2026

OpenAI Hires OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger, Sparks Buzz

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Disney Losing $30 Million a Week From YouTube TV Fight: Morgan Stanley
Tech

Disney Losing $30 Million a Week From YouTube TV Fight: Morgan Stanley

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIANovember 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Disney is losing $30 million in revenue a week from its standoff with YouTube TV over rates, according to Morgan Stanley.

Sports fans may feel like the big losers from a carriage dispute that’s kept Disney’s TV networks, including ESPN and ABC, off YouTube TV since October 30. Until a deal is reached, YouTube TV subscribers will miss shows and games, including a high-profile “Monday Night Football” matchup.

The Mouse House and Google are also feeling the pain. Disney is likely to face a $60 million revenue shortfall from its YouTube TV blackout, Morgan Stanley analyst Ben Swinburne wrote in a Sunday note. That’s based on the assumption that the standoff, which has gone on for 11 days so far, will last for 14 days.

In other words, Disney is losing $30 million a week, or about $4.3 million each day, because its channels aren’t on YouTube TV, Swinburne estimates.

Disney has some ways to cushion the blow. It controls several YouTube TV alternatives like Hulu + Live TV, Fubo, and the stand-alone ESPN app. So, if customers cancel YouTube TV and sign up for one of Disney’s rival services, it will get a new source of revenue and could benefit by owning the subscriber relationship.

Swinburne lowered his Disney quarterly net income estimate by $25 million, from $1.55 billion to $1.52 billion. That’s a 1.6% drop, which translates to 2 cents per share. Disney will share quarterly results on Thursday.

Related stories

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

Business Insider tells the innovative stories you want to know

YouTube TV is also feeling the impact of the blackout. Google has offered YouTube TV subscribers a $20 bill credit, although the rebate is not applied automatically and is only available to those who haven’t canceled or paused their subscriptions.

If every one of YouTube TV’s estimated 10 million subscribers took the $20 credit toward their next bill, it would cost Google about $200 million. However, some subscribers will miss the memo entirely, and YouTube TV is also saving money by not paying Disney for its channels.

Besides the rebate, YouTube TV could be losing out on revenue from subscribers who cancel the service as well.

Disney has said that Google is refusing to pay the going rate for its TV networks, while the tech giant has said it will have to raise YouTube TV prices again if it agrees to higher rates.

While sports fans who have YouTube TV would love to watch Disney’s channels once again, at least they now know that misery has company.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger Gets Feedback From Mark Zuckerberg

February 16, 2026

OpenAI Hires OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger, Sparks Buzz

February 16, 2026

Sundar Pichai’s Career Rise to Google and Alphabet CEO

February 16, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

February 16, 2026

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
Education

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

By IQ TIMES MEDIAFebruary 16, 20260

Skrilla said the “6-7” craze connected to his drill rap hit almost didn’t happen.His 2024…

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.