Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Take-Two CEO: AI Can Build a GTA Lookalike, but Not a Cultural Hit

May 19, 2026

Equality icon Billie Jean King earns college degree 65 years after first class

May 18, 2026

Elon Musk Vows to Appeal After Losing His Lawsuit Against OpenAI

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Wander Franco trial: Prosecutors seek 5-year prison sentence
Sports

Wander Franco trial: Prosecutors seek 5-year prison sentence

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAJune 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


PUERTO PLATA, Dominican Republic (AP) — Dominican prosecutors requested on Monday that suspended Tampa Bay Rays player Wander Franco, who faces charges of sexual abuse involving a girl who was 14 years old at the time of the alleged crimes, be sentenced to five years in prison.

The prosecutors said in court there is sufficient evidence to prove Franco had a relationship with the minor for four months and that he transferred large sums of money to the minor’s mother to consent to the illegal relationship.

During raids on the house of the minor’s mother, prosecutors say they found $68,500 and $35,000 that they allege was delivered by Franco.

“We are requesting a five-year prison sentence for the proven crime of sexual abuse against a minor,” said prosecutor José Martínez.

The prosecutors also requested that Wander be sentenced to prison in Puerto Plata and that the minor’s mother be sentenced to 10 years in prison, arguing she sexually trafficked her daughter.

In a previous hearing, prosecutors described the evidence presented as “convincing” and “compelling.”

“What is Wander? Is he an accomplice of Vanessa or is he the material author of the criminal conspiracy offense?” said Irina Ventura, one of Franco’s lawyers arguing ambiguities on the part of the prosecutors.

Franco’s lawyers also asked the court to clear Franco of the charges and to dismiss the case.

After the closing arguments from both, the collegiate court of Puerto Plata, in northern Dominican Republic, where Wander Franco’s trial is being held, announced that they are going to issue the final decision on the case Thursday afternoon.

Documents that prosecutors presented to the judge last year and were viewed by The Associated Press alleged that Franco, through his mother Yudelka Aybar, transferred 1 million pesos ($17,000) to the mother of the minor on Jan. 5, 2023, to consent to purported abuse.

Franco was in his third major league season when his career was halted in August 2023. He agreed to an 11-year, $182 million contract in November 2021. He is currently on Major League Baseball’s restricted list after initially being placed on administrative leave.

___

AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/mlb



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Another No. 1 pick QB, another fired coach: Titans’ Brian Callahan out after six games

October 15, 2025

Yamamoto pitches 3-hitter as Dodgers beat Brewers 5-1 for 2-0 lead in NLCS

October 14, 2025

Max Muncy sets Dodgers record by hitting his 14th career postseason homer

October 14, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Equality icon Billie Jean King earns college degree 65 years after first class

May 18, 2026

Hungary and Ukraine to hold talks on ethnic Hungarian minority rights

May 18, 2026

Trial to start for ex-assistant principal accused of ignoring warnings that student had gun

May 18, 2026

Michigan student will be 1st woman to represent US in world welding competition

May 17, 2026
Education

Equality icon Billie Jean King earns college degree 65 years after first class

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 18, 20260

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Billie Jean King raised her right arm in triumph. Not for…

Hungary and Ukraine to hold talks on ethnic Hungarian minority rights

May 18, 2026

Trial to start for ex-assistant principal accused of ignoring warnings that student had gun

May 18, 2026

Michigan student will be 1st woman to represent US in world welding competition

May 17, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.