Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Elon Musk has lost his lawsuit against Sam Altman and OpenAI

May 18, 2026

Amazon’s new Alexa+ powered feature can generate podcast episodes

May 18, 2026

2 Utah Women Kevin O’Leary Called Out Clap Back With a Mocking Video

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Formula 1 grants Las Vegas GP 2-year contract extension
Sports

Formula 1 grants Las Vegas GP 2-year contract extension

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAJune 14, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The Las Vegas Grand Prix received a two-year contract extension that keeps the race that runs down the iconic Strip on the calendar through 2027.

Las Vegas was added to the F1 schedule in 2023 on a three-year contract but with commitment from casino partners and a 10-year approval from Clark County for the race to take place along the Strip.

Las Vegas was on the 2026 calendar announced earlier this week even though the extension wasn’t revealed until Saturday at the Canadian Grand Prix.

Emily Prazer, the president of the Las Vegas Grand Prix and chief commercial officer of F1, said the plans are to extend the race long into the future.

“We want to make sure that we’re continuing to evolve what we’re doing. But the intent is a much longer-term arrangement,” Prazer said. “As we all know, the race has had its challenges, but we’re coming out the other side. So we want to make sure that it continues to work for both sides.”

Las Vegas has had a roller-coaster start to its F1 presence as the inaugural race was bogged down by high ticket and hotel prices, then a loose water valve cover that damaged Carlos Sainz’s Jr. car in the first practice. The valve cover caused a lengthy delay for track inspection and fans were forced to exit the venue ahead of second practice, which ran until 4 a.m.

In the end, the race was one of the best of the season.

Ticket prices were lowered for 2024 and hotel rates dropped, and ahead of this November’s race, the start time has been moved from its previous slot of 10 p.m. on Saturday to 8 p.m.

The race holds a spot on the calendar the week before Thanksgiving and city officials credit the Grand Prix for boosting one of its weakest commercial periods into a money-generating week. November, traditionally one of Las Vegas’ weakest months, last year had its most commercially successful month in city history.

Figures released this year said the 2024 event generated $934 million in revenue with $45 million raised in taxes.

___

AP auto racing: https://apnews.com/hub/auto-racing



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Another No. 1 pick QB, another fired coach: Titans’ Brian Callahan out after six games

October 15, 2025

Yamamoto pitches 3-hitter as Dodgers beat Brewers 5-1 for 2-0 lead in NLCS

October 14, 2025

Max Muncy sets Dodgers record by hitting his 14th career postseason homer

October 14, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Hungary and Ukraine to hold talks on ethnic Hungarian minority rights

May 18, 2026

Trial to start for ex-assistant principal accused of ignoring warnings that student had gun

May 18, 2026

Michigan student will be 1st woman to represent US in world welding competition

May 17, 2026

Nashville HBCU Fisk University Launches $900M Campus Transformation

May 15, 2026
Education

Hungary and Ukraine to hold talks on ethnic Hungarian minority rights

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 18, 20260

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Hungary and Ukraine will begin high-level consultations on the rights of…

Trial to start for ex-assistant principal accused of ignoring warnings that student had gun

May 18, 2026

Michigan student will be 1st woman to represent US in world welding competition

May 17, 2026

Nashville HBCU Fisk University Launches $900M Campus Transformation

May 15, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.