Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Salesforce Cofounder Criticizes Benioff’ ICE Jokes.

February 17, 2026

AI’s ‘Second Wave’ Redefines Startups With New Products

February 16, 2026

Heart issues during pregnancy could set stage for future stroke, heart attack risk

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » New NASA Boss Says the Moon Race Is on Between SpaceX and Blue Origin
Tech

New NASA Boss Says the Moon Race Is on Between SpaceX and Blue Origin

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIADecember 19, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


2025-12-19T11:15:17.368Z

Share



Facebook


Email


X


LinkedIn


Reddit


Bluesky


WhatsApp



Copy link


lighning bolt icon
An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.


Impact Link


Save
Saved


Read in app

This story is available exclusively to Business Insider
subscribers. Become an Insider
and start reading now.

Have an account? Log in.

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are racing to put humans back on the moon for the first time in 50 years.
New NASA boss Jared Isaacman said the agency will pick whichever company finishes its lunar lander first.
Acting NASA head Sean Duffy reopened SpaceX’s contract in October, saying Musk’s company was “behind schedule.”

NASA’s new boss has reiterated the stakes for the lunar race between Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos.

On his first day in the job, Jared Isaacman said the space agency would pick whichever company finished its moon lander first, out of Musk’s SpaceX or Bezos’ Blue Origin.

“I don’t think it was lost on either vendor that whichever lander was available first to ensure that America achieves its strategic objectives on the moon is the one we were going to go with,” Isaacman told Bloomberg TV on Thursday, a day after he was confirmed as NASA administrator by the US Senate.

SpaceX and Blue Origin both hold contracts to build lunar landers for NASA to help carry astronauts to the surface of the moon.

A modified version of SpaceX’s massive Starship rocket is set to be used in 2027 for NASA’s Artemis III mission, which aims to put astronauts back to the moon for the first time in over 50 years.

In October, however, then-acting NASA Administrator Sean Duffy reopened SpaceX’s lunar contract, stating that the company was “behind schedule” on its lander and suggesting that NASA could opt for Blue Origin’s spacecraft for the historic mission instead.

Isaacman flew two private missions as a SpaceX astronaut in 2021 and 2024 and took part in the first-ever commercial space walk.

The billionaire’s connection to Musk almost cost him the top job at NASA, with Donald Trump temporarily withdrawing his nomination earlier this year amid a high-profile spat between the US president and the world’s richest man.

Musk also clashed with Isaacman’s predecessor, Duffy, over the decision to reopen the moon contracts, calling the transport secretary a “dummy” and claiming that SpaceX would end up “doing the whole moon mission” by itself.

It comes after Trump signed a new executive order on Thursday that called on the US to establish a permanent outpost and nuclear reactors on the moon by 2030.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Salesforce Cofounder Criticizes Benioff’ ICE Jokes.

February 17, 2026

AI’s ‘Second Wave’ Redefines Startups With New Products

February 16, 2026

Apple Revamps Video Podcasts to Rival YouTube, Spotify

February 16, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

February 16, 2026

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
Education

Skrilla: 6-7 craze almost didn’t happen

By IQ TIMES MEDIAFebruary 16, 20260

Skrilla said the “6-7” craze connected to his drill rap hit almost didn’t happen.His 2024…

How the Siege of Boston shaped the legacy of George Washington

February 16, 2026

Tre’ Johnson, the former NFL offensive lineman who became a high school history teacher, dies at 54

February 15, 2026

Social media posts extend Epstein fallout to student photo firm Lifetouch

February 13, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.