Close Menu
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

What's Hot

Ferrari is using IBM’s AI to create F1 superfans

May 23, 2026

Elon Musk has given up on solar power (on Earth)

May 23, 2026

Lightspeed VC Firm Hires Creator-Investor With 350K Followers

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
  • Home
  • AI
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Food Health
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Well Being
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter YouIQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Home » Mix-up in Roman rulers gets Australian high school seniors out of history exam
Education

Mix-up in Roman rulers gets Australian high school seniors out of history exam

IQ TIMES MEDIABy IQ TIMES MEDIAOctober 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Teachers at nine high schools in northeastern Australia discovered days before an ancient history exam that they had mistakenly taught their students about the wrong Roman ruler — Augustus Caesar instead of his predecessor, Julius Caesar.

The students in Queensland ended up being exempt from the statewide exam on Wednesday while Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek said he would investigate the mix-up, describing the experience for the students as “extremely traumatic.”

Since the error in the curriculum was discovered on Monday, schools applied — and were granted — an exemption from the exam for their students, even as panicked high schoolers were cramming about Julius Caesar’s exploits as a Roman general and statesman.

“I’m very unhappy about the situation,” Langbroek told reporters in announcing that the 140 seniors affected by the mix-up would not have to sit the exam.

Langbroek said he would ensure those students were “not disadvantaged in any way.”

Still, the incident brought a wave of criticisms.

Parents complained that the panic created around the ancient history exam had distracted their children from preparing for other exams, including an earlier exam on Wednesday.

The exam amounts to 25% of the students’ marks for the year. The students who were exempted from the test on Wednesday would be given credit based on their assessment for the remaining 75% of their marks.

The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority said it had told the state’s 180 high schools two years ago that the ancient history exam topic would change to Julius Caesar in 2025. The topic had been Augustus Caesar for the previous four years.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
IQ TIMES MEDIA
  • Website

Related Posts

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

May 23, 2026

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

May 23, 2026

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
Education

Scott Remer makes a good living as a National Spelling Bee coach

By IQ TIMES MEDIAMay 23, 20260

When Dev Shah won the Scripps National Spelling Bee in 2023 and Faizan Zaki took…

Ex-Columbia student Mahmoud Khalil asks Supreme Court to intervene in his deportation fight

May 22, 2026

Seniors roll into Michigan high school during annual Tractor Day celebration

May 22, 2026

Charges dismissed against former assistant principal accused after teacher shot

May 21, 2026
IQ Times Media – Smart News for a Smarter You
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 iqtimes. Designed by iqtimes.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.